Some of SBS's previous concert series
"The concert last night was very impressive."
- Summer 2017, featuring: the Wesendonck
Lieder by Wagner with soloist Paula Sides, Wagner's Prelude to Tristan
und Isolde, and Bruckner's Symphony No. 7.
- Winter 2017, featuring: Elgar, Prelude to The Dream of Gerontius, Enigma Variations; Sibelius, Karelia Suite; and Franck, Le Chasseur Maudit
- Summer 2016, featuring Beethoven's
overture, Leonore number 3, Dvořák's Cello Concerto (Soloist:
Thomas McMahon) and Brahms' Symphony number 4
- Spring 2016, featuring movements
from Má Vlast by Smetana and Dvořák's Symphony number 5
- Autumn 2015, featuring Mendelssohn's
Overture "Ruy Blas",
Schumann's Piano Concerto in A minor (soloist Liang Shan), and
Schumann's fourth Symphony
- Summer 2015, featuring Shostakovich's
Scherzo for orchestra in F sharp minor,
Beethoven's Violin Concerto in D major (soloist Michael Bochmann) and
Tchaikovsky's Symphony number 5 in E minor
- Winter 2015, featuring Berlioz's
Symphonie Fantastique, as well as Weber's Overture to 'Der Freischütz'
and Dvořák's tone poem 'Polednice' (The Noonday Witch)
- Summer 2014, featuring Strauss's Four Last Songs
(soloist: Paula Sides) and Mahler's first symphony.
- Winter 2014, featuring Sibelius's ‘Finlandia’
and second symphony, and also Grieg's Symphonic dances
- Summer 2013, with Wagner's Overture "Rienzi",
Liszt's Tone poem "Les Préludes", Wagner's prelude to Act III of Lohengrin, and
Brahms's Symphony Number 2 in D major
- Winter 2013, featuring Schubert's
symphony number 8 (The Unfinished) and Bruckner's symphony number